Peace 2


John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Today's Life Lesson was nothing short of amazing. I taught a little bit of grammar earlier on in the day but by the end of the day my "grammar" would turn out to be the lesson of the day -  the words that came out of my mouth was teaching a lesson that would last a lifetime.

My baby girl Azariah, started coughing a few days ago. As I listened to this mucus build up on her chest and her watery eyes running, the sniffling and the discomfort, I went into normal "mommy" mode - prayers, honey, lime,garlic, soup, juice and crackers. The more I gave her the worse it seemed to get. The more I prayed and declared the more she coughed. I realized that the battle was deeper than I thought. As the day went by, a little bit of questioning and second thought started creeping in and I was inquiring of the Lord what to do. I felt myself becoming overwhelmed as my baby kept on coughing.

I slowed down for a minute and I as I was doing the dishes at the sink, I started thanking Jesus and just giving HIM praise. I sat beside her and explained to her, that she was healed and that all she had to do was thank Jesus for her healing. As she pushed past the discomfort in her chest and the mucus in her nose, she started murmuring the words, "Thank you Jesus, thank you for my healing". I told her, it doesn't matter what it looks like or feel like, it's a lie and Jesus already paid the price for her healing. She pressed on with confidence, "Thank you Jesus for my healing." her little voice whispered.

I went outside to get diapers and as I was approaching the pharmacy, I had a thought forming in my head. As soon as the thought started forming, the Holy Spirit counteracted it with these words "I bore all your sickness and diseases". It was at that moment I experienced the peace which passes all understanding and I knew my baby was going to be all right. I continued into the store giving thanks and praises to God. "Thank you Abba Father", I said, "Thank you Jesus". I started nailing every sickness and disease to the cross, I took it off my baby and nailed it on the cross where the finished work of Jesus bore all our iniquities, all our sickness and all our diseases.

The thought in my head was - Lord, why don't you put this sickness on me, take it off of her and put it on me. That thought was trying to put me in the place of Jesus but the Holy Spirit taught me that it was not for me to bare and that Jesus bore all our diseases already and that healing was complete as long as I believed she is healed. Wow, what peace filled my heart and mind and all I could do was praise. I did not have to carry the burden.

So I started out teaching about different types of words, and learned that the words that I spoke had enormous power and the Holy Spirit kept my mouth from speaking something that was not in the will of God for my life. I am truly grateful for lessons learned today.

As I am typing this, the children are watching the story of Joseph and I can her my baby girl singing along, she has peace as well - all my  children shall be taught by the lord and great shall be the peace of my children. (Isaiah 54:13) This is the promise of the Lord and the inheritance of the children of God. I am grateful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Back Your Heart

Free websites and links

Take back your TRUST and place it in the Lord.