Joy

"...weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." Psalm 30:5

I looked at the clock, it said 1:34 a.m. as I rubbed sleepy eyes on my way back from the bathroom. I have kept a vigil all night and now it seemed like daylight would never come. I looked at my baby sleeping but not so soundly I could see the discomfort in her breathing but one verse kept resounding in my spirit. "Weeping may endure for the night but joy comes in the morning." I knew that if I could just, if we could just make it through the night, she would be okay.

Somehow it seems like the biggest struggles takes place late in the midnight hour. I kept holding onto the knowledge that Jesus died for her healing and we were already seeing tremendous progress. Her breathing had regulated to a more relaxed pace and the mucus that was so stubborn started moving. As she coughed the mucus would come out and it brought relief for her and myself. I kept on thanking God for her healing and the next look at the clock was 3:00 a.m. She got up and I carried her to the bathroom. Between sleep and wake she said, "Mommy can I please get some grapes?" I laughed and told her she would get it in the morning. Before, she was not eating or drinking any thing much. This was progress.

The next glance at the clock ushered in 5:40 a.m. and I was glad. As I glanced over to her, the knowledge that we had made it through the night and the joy that came in the morning was overwhelming - but more than that, Gods word had proven itself true once again. You see, there were many nights that my family had spent out side in the freezing cold, rushing one or the other to the hospital because they had "symptoms " of one thing or the other - but my God is a healer and HE healed my babies.

His word remains true no matter what it looks like and even when it feels really bad, His word reigns over every other word. Ah...the spoken word, it becomes the written word, which becomes the manifested word. That's life in the Kingdom of God. Thank you Abba Father, thank you Jesus, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Back Your Heart

Free websites and links

Take back your TRUST and place it in the Lord.