Peace...

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Today as I am writing, I'm reflecting on an incident that took place in my home and it forced me to give deep thought to my reaction. My nephew came to spend a day with his grandma and our children. My husband and I were away for the weekend and grandma baby sat. On our return home, every thing seemed to have gone okay and then, the tricks of the enemy that took place over the weekend, slowly unraveled. By night fall I found out that I had a broken laptop thanks to my nephew, over exposure that was uncouth for a ten year old to demonstrate and language that was certainly not permitted in our home by the said visitor.  Boy oh boy, it seemed that all the rest and relaxation of the past three days was wiped out in one swipe and we had the video to prove all of this.  All at once fear overcame me and I reacted. It was loud and harsh and my two were made to understand once and for all, what was totally unacceptable in our home - but so was my behavior.

Sitting back in reflection of my behavior, I saw the manifestation of fear - the Holy Spirit gently reminded me, "I did not give you the spirit of fear but of love and of power and of a sound mind". Boy oh boy! I totally blew it. Now I had to search out the source of this fear.
What I found was, deep within, was a little girl that was so afraid because no one came to help her and so fear grew up with her.  Then, I saw the woman who overcame the odds but still lived with the fear that now it may happen to her children - that was the woman who reacted in anger and frustration.
As my teacher, the Holy Spirit continued to guide me, I remembered the promise that my Heavenly Father made to me in Isaiah 54:13, "...all your children shall be taught by the Lord and great shall be the peace of your children..." The peace which passes all understanding, that is also for me. The peace that my savior Jesus gave to me, not as the world gives... and that peace comes from the fact that I am counted in the beloved and so are you. Being counted in the beloved resounds in a deep love that cannot be described but can only be experience personally.

Today as you continue to train up Gods children walk in the peace that comes from above. Don't allow the trials of life to overtake you - and as I am doing now, release your self and your children from the grip of fear and cling to the unconditional peaceful love of our Father.

Today I decree and declare that I fear not because the perfect love of my heavenly Father casts out fear because fear involves torment and in Christ there is no torment but peace like a river. I cast off the spirit of fear and I clothe myself in the spirit of peace, love, joy and righteousness and power in the Holy Spirit. I will not pass on the spirit of fear to my children because they also are counted in the beloved and abide in the shadow of the almighty in Jesus name Amen!

I sat down with my two in prayer and repentance, forgiving and asking for forgiveness, receiving then giving  love unconditional from above, as I hugged my babies there is peace that all is well in the name of Jesus. Life lessons were learned and hurdles were overcome. One computer broken but a breakthrough was reached from paralyzing fear. Thank you Abba Father, You continue to love and nurture me and I am truly grateful.

1 John 4:18 
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Back Your Heart

Free websites and links

Take back your TRUST and place it in the Lord.