Take back your TRUST and place it in the Lord.


But blessed in the man that trusts in the Lord, whose hope the Lord is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreads out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat comes, but her life shall be green and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit. Jeremiah 17:7-8

In my morning quiet time, gazing out toward the water, I remembered a command that the Lord gave me a few weeks ago. The word was TRUST.  Of course up to this point in my life and given all that has happened, I would have thought  I do trust the Lord. 

Obviously, if he gave me a command to trust him, then there must be an area in my life where I still do not trust him and therefore I needed to find out what that was. So I asked the Lord.

Lord, In what was am I not trusting you? Help me to draw nearer and where am I standing in your way?
 
This was the Holy Spirit response to me:-

Every question does not always have the answer that you want. You want to fix every pain right away so that no one goes through anything.

You are still trying to prevent their suffering. How can they abide in me if they cannot trust me?
Teach them to trust as you learn to trust ME. Rest your heart and mind and trust me with your children. 

Break covenant with the spirit of Job, That is not your life. Do not fear, I will prevail, in fact I have prevailed. Trust in me. 

With tears streaming down my face, I said thank you Father, as you teach me to trust you, teach my children to trust you as well.

My prayer,

Abba, forgive me for forming a covenant rooted in fear with the spirit of Job. 
Forgive me for passing that fear unto our children. 
I break every covenant that I formed consciously or unconsciously with that spirit and I apply the blood of Jesus between myself and every ungodly word, thought or deed and cover that sin. 
I choose to live in and by faith and not in fear. 
Lord, forgive me for exalting myself and my fears in a religious spirit. 
Nothing that I say, do or write has more power than you Abba. 
I remove my trust from myself and anyone or anything else that I have trusted in and I put my trust in you Father, your Son Jesus and your precious Holy Spirit. 
I remove my trust from money, 
I remove my trust from head knowledge, 
I remove my trust from Satan, 
I remove my trust from anything else that I may not see right now, and Abba, 
I place my trust back in your hands. 
In the name of your son Jesus I pray, Amen.

If God has brought us this far on our homeschooling journey, then we can trust him to take us the rest of the way. Moreover, we can trust him to care for our children their entire lives. He loves them more than we ever can.

Thank God for his sovereignty
Remember the sacrifice of his son Jesus
Understand what the will of the Lord is concerning you
Sing praises unto him and bless his name
Transform your mind with his word



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Back Your Heart

Free websites and links