Without faith...

...it is impossible to please GOD.(Hebrews 11:6)

As it draws near to the end of the school year for 2012 - 2013, reflections are certainly in order. This school year was not without it's trials but the hand of God brought us to the other side.

I recall September 2010 when I started homeschooling. I was in a boat without any physical help or  support. I know what the Lord had laid on my heart to do but I saw nothing physical that was going to help me move along.  All I had was a conviction in my heart to "Train up my children in the way they should go." and that was the WORD that I stood on.

There was great fear in my heart, fear of failing, fear of failing my children, fear of what people might say and think, fear of not having any support from friends and family. Yes, there were many great fears - but my greatest fear was the Fear of the Lord. More than any thing else in this world, my desire was to please God.

I ventured out into uncharted waters, with the Lord on my side. I started out thinking, I can do this, I ended up finding out, NO, I can't, NOT WITHOUT JESUS. I can do all things (BUT ONLY) through Christ who continues daily to strengthen me and that was my first lesson - to myself.  When I learned this lesson, I began to see God working in and through my children.

As we are getting ready to end our third year, I look back with gladness, joy and peace in my heart.  I am glad that I took the leap when I did.  I am at peace with myself because I know God is doing what only HE can do for me and my family and I am grateful for all that HE is doing and will continue to do.

In September 2010, I could not see three years down the road, but today I am grateful for the things that The Lord is doing with me, for me and through me! HE gets all the glory on this homeschooling journey. For we walk by faith and not by sight,(2 Corinthians 5:7) and without faith, it is impossible to please God.

I just want to encourage parents, to seek the will of God for your life and your children's lives. Trust HIM to take you through and take you to your destiny.  Jesus died on the cross for us and He rose again so that we may have the power to overcome. The Holy spirit is our teacher and our guide. Jesus said He would not leave us comfortless but that He would send a helper, (JOHN 15:26). That helper is the Holy Spirit and if you are in Christ,  you are never alone.
Be encouraged!!

Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Back Your Heart

Free websites and links

Take back your TRUST and place it in the Lord.