Let the peace of God keep you...

" And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

The peace of God that comes with homeschooling is one to be desired.  My God would not take away a burden from you to replace it with another burden.  Jesus said, "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-30

Having said that, I remember around this time, every year without fail, I would work myself into a frenzy because there was so much that needed to be done.  Some how it seemed that no matter how early I started I would always end up in the same place - worrying about the children, the changing of the seasons and going back to school.  

Back to school for me meant three sets of uniforms, at least one per person, three of this and three of that. Books, book bags clothes, sneakers jackets, school supplies, you name it and I had to get three of each.  Two girls and a boy. The tension was certainly high for me around this time of year and the burden was definitely heavy.

In 2010, after much debate and fear, knowing that the Lord was leading me to home school my children, after all the research, and pondering over a desire that had been in my heart since 2003 and crying out to the Lord, I made up my mind in that summer of 2010 that I was going to home school my children. 

As soon as I made the decision, the burden was lifted. I looked to the Lord for my help and HE gently led me to the steps that I needed to take to get the job done. Once I started there were many days that I felt like I was failing but God kept on re-assuring me - "MY grace is sufficient"- as long as I kept seeking His guidance, that this was the route He wanted me to go.  

Praise the Lord.  Three years later, here I am, blogging and sharing my experiences.  Today though, what I really want to share with you is the PEACE that comes from God through Christ Jesus when you are obedient to HIS will for your life.  On the outside, I am in a very uncomfortable position, but I find my self in a "praise mode" overcome with gratitude and appreciation.  Oh Father I thank you so much for all that you have done.

As this 2012-2013 school year challenge escalated, with Zariah entering  the High School phase, I heard a little knock of anxiety at the door of my heart but ever so quickly I was reminded of the peace of God which passes all understanding and so I felt compelled in my Spirit to share this with you today, trusting that every need is already met according to HIS riches in glory and so, I am not anxious about deadlines and first day of school but joyfully, I await the manifestation of HIS glory once again in this coming school year.

If you are a homeschooling mom or you are planning on homeschooling your child or children, start claiming HIS peace about the decisions that you have to make. 

What ever you do, acknowledge GOD as you ultimate source and provider, director and deliverer for what ever your circumstances are.  Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Be encouraged.  Remember that we all must be good stewards over everything that God has placed in our lives especially HIS children.  Proverbs 22:6, " Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." This is our ultimate responsibility for God's children.

To God be all the glory and honor, thank you Abba, Father.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Back Your Heart

Free websites and links

Take back your TRUST and place it in the Lord.