Training and Teaching

Releasing the false burden of teaching from my shoulders....

I know that sounds a little strange but yes, I had to learn how to release myself of the false burden of teaching.  God told me to train and He was going to teach. The training I'm required to do is simple, live according to the word in front of my children and they will mimic what they see me do and then trust God enough, to release them into His hands so that HE, through His Holy Spirit can teach them.
As I am led by the Holy Spirit to do what is pleasing in the eyes of God, I am setting up a picture for my children to look at and learn how to function in this world, and in that leading, I surrender them over to their creator and He allows His spirit to touch their hearts and guide them into the obedience that comes only through Jesus Christ.
In other words, they will follow me as I follow Christ and the Holy Spirit does the teaching.
1 Cor 2: 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

I'll use this example; the WI-Fi bill was due over the weekend and so I forgot because we were in church all day Sunday. On  Monday there was no WI-Fi but the desk top, which is connected by the same Internet company was fully functional so, I was led by the flesh, to turn on the wifi and just "see if it works." Guess what, it did! I felt my heart race in my chest because here was an opportunity to just get some free Internet right ??? WRONG. As I clicked on the Google icon, it went through, then I clicked on face book and it brought me to the log in page and I typed in my email address. Right at that minute, the Holy Spirit brought the word integrity to my mind. Thank you Holy Spirit, 1 Corinthians 10:13, God always makes a way of escape - Integrity, is what you do when nobody is looking. Who is going to know that I'm sneaking some free Internet???? I was going to know and the Spirit of the Most High God that dwells within me would not allow me to go another step further. I quickly closed out and I said, "Thank you Lord, that was a test."
When my daughter got up I shared with her the fact the we had connection with the wifi even though the bill was not paid, she was excited and ran to put it on.  I told her not to do it but she said she just wanted to "check it out for herself", same thoughts I had. She logged on the computer and guess what, it was not working at all.  How is that possible when it was working a few minutes ago? I asked her if she thought it was a test for me?? She said, "YUP, it probably was". So my test, has now become her lesson and an example to her of how to take the way of escape that God always provides for us. I train by doing the right things and the Holy Spirit teaches by setting up the right lessons that they need. Well guess what, I took the way of escape and I passed the test. Now I was able to share with my daughter the word integrity - what you do when no one is looking. So as I "train up the child," and allow the Holy Spirit to "teach them", I am trusting in the promise that God gave me - when they grow old, they shall not depart. They will not depart from God, His Word or the moral principles  they were taught, that are pleasing to God. So today I decree and declare that I believe the Word of God and it shall be so in my children's lives as it is written. In Jesus name Amen.

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Back Your Heart

Free websites and links

Take back your TRUST and place it in the Lord.