Training and Teaching...Part 1


Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Since I started this blog, I've been dealing mostly with the financial aspect of homeschooling in terms of it being totally possible and affordable for any person despite your income bracket. As you know, when I started homeschooling I lived in the NYCHA projects in the south Bronx. My family and I boldly stepped into this arena together as I pressed into the call that God placed on my life to train up HIS children in the way they should go. Well today I sense a shift from the Holy Spirit and so I am going to allow myself to be led. There is another part of homeschooling that I am going to address today and that is the "training up" part.  So far in this blog we have sternly acknowledged that God is our sole provider and supplier of all our needs in the tangible things that we need to survive life in general and homeschooling as well. Now we have to address the spiritual growth of our children and the training that they require.

In communion with my Heavenly Father He made two things clear to me, He established HIS role in the lives of these children and my role in the lives of these children. This is what I learned, my instruction is to: 
Proverbs 22:6 - train up my children in the way that they should go...
In obedience to that instruction, HE (GOD) promised that ..."when they get older, they shall not depart."
Depart from what? From HIM(God) nor from the moral and spiritual lessons that they learned during their childhood years.
The second thing God made clear to me was that, HE (GOD) would teach all my children and HE also promised that they would have great peace. Isaiah 54:13 - All your children shall be taught by the Lord and great shall be the peace of your children. 
John 6:45 It is written in the prophets, "And they shall all be taught by God."

Therefore my job is simply to train up my children in the way they should go and the Lord will teach them the things they should know and with this dynamic combination in place, they shall not depart from the Word or from God or from the moral and spiritual lessons that they have been taught.

In my next post I will go into detail as to how this worked for me.  Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Take Back Your Heart

Free websites and links

Take back your TRUST and place it in the Lord.